WS-050T00: WS-050: Migration Application Workloads to Azure
The workshop content includes a mix of content, demonstrations, hands-on labs, and reference links.
Module 01 Planning and Assessing and Azure Migration
- Cloud Migration Business Motivations, Goals and Outcomes
- Discovery and Assessment
- Lab Discover and Assess On-Premises Resources for Migration
Module 02 Implementing a Migration (Azure Site Recovery)
- Overview of Azure Site Recovery
- ASR Migration End to End
- Securing Migrated Workloads Microsoft Recommendations
- Datacenter Migration using Migration Factory
- Lab Replicate Virtual Machines to Azure
Module 03 Introduction to Data Migration
- Azure Data Box
- Database Migration
- Lab - Migrate On-Premises SQL Server Database to Azure SQL Managed Instance
Module 04 Backup and Disaster Recovery in Azure
- Azure Backup Overview
- Implementing Azure IaaS Backup
- Azure to Azure Site Recovery
- Application Disaster Recovery
This workshop is for IT Administrators and staff who need to plan, implement and manage migrations of on-premises resources to Azure, or to replicate Azure virtual machines to other Azure locations. They take business requests from workload owners to migrate workloads to the cloud in order to take advantage of the benefits that a cloud-enabled strategy provides over a traditional datacenter approach. This role requires communicating and coordinating with different individuals within an organizations IT department and business groups, as well as vendors.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Familiarity with using Azure, including the Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI and ARM template.
- Understanding of Azure Active Directory and cloud identity management.
- Understanding of management of subscriptions, users, groups, and billing, and Azure policies.
Articulate the key business and technical drivers leading to a cloud migration.
Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration.
Discover and assess on-premises workloads for migration to Azure.
Obtain deeper profiling of an environment using app dependency mapping and assessment customizations.
Perform an end-to-end migration of on-premises workloads to Azure using Azure Site Recovery.
Replicate data from an on-premises datacenter to Azure or to a secondary site.
Migrate data from existing data sources to Azure data platforms using the Azure Database Migration Service.
Secure and manage migrated workloads using Azure Security Center, Azure Backup, and Azure Log Analytics.
Ensure an effective business continuity strategy that includes high availability, disaster recovery and backup.
Back up and protect Azure IaaS virtual machines from any location using the Azure Backup Service.
Define a recovery plan to ensure virtual machines can fail over properly before running a full failover.